Looking for a ridiculously simple side for any of your summer meals? Easy! This cold bean salad is just perfect.
As easy as opening a couple of cans and chopping a shallot. It works for any cold dish such as wraps or green salads. Here are some of the endless list of dishes this salad accompany: Sweet potato wraps, Fried tofu (pepper-lemon)
My favorite combination by far is red kidney beans and broad beans. However, the world of legumes is so vast that the combinations are infinite (borlotti, flageolot, black-eyed, pinto, cannellini…).
Let’s get on with it!
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of broad beans
- 1 small shallot
- Coriander leaves (better fresh than dry)
- Soy-syrup dressing:
- 2 Tbsp of soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free version)
- 3 Tbsp of rice syrup
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Beans: Any kind of beans are fine. You can also try lentils or chickpeas
- Shallot: chives or red onion
- Rice syrup: any kind of syrup like fruit or maple. These syrups are sweeter than rice syrup so use 2 Tbsp instead of three.
- Chop the shallot really tiny
- Mix altogether
- Ready to eat!