Hey there! Let’s do a tasty side dish for burgers and seitan fillets!
We’re going to cook with those potatoes that were used to get the most out of the heat generated. Everytime you boil water for pasta or cook a stew, do it in the lower pot of a steamer and place potatoes or any other vegetable on the upper level to get steamed. Or, every time you need steamed vegetables, simmer potatoes in the lower lever instead of plain water. This recipe works either with steamed or boiled potatoes. If you want to learn more about cooking efficiently, check out the eco-tips in the kitchen section.
If you don’t have cooked potatoes/sweet potatoes from a previous meal cooking, you should add 30 minutes more to the prepping time of the recipe below.
And now, cooking time!
- 500g of steamed/boiled potatoes and/or sweet potatoes
- 1 heaped Tbsp of vegetal spread
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of parsley
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
- Melt the vegetal spread in a pan and add the onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Spread the mix evenly on the pan surface, place the potatoes, and scatter some salt.
- Cook at medium-high heat with the lid on for 5 minutes. Then, add the parsley and oregano and mix the potatoes to turn them around.
- Keep at medium-high heat with the lid on for another 5 minutes. Try one and add more salt if necessary.
Done! You can enjoy them with some vegan mayo as a starter or use them as a side dish for a burger.