Now that school and work are back in season, what better idea than a quick and handy sandwich to take with you for a snack?! Love this savory-sweet combination!
You’ll need to use the oven, remember: Always try to take advantage of powering up the oven to cook more than one dish at a time, take a look a the oven dishes for ideas. You can also visit the eco-tips section for more eco-friendly ways of cooking.
- 1/4 butternut squash in slices
- 2 handful of baby spinach
- 4 slices of seeded bread (use gluten-free bread for gluten-free version)
- Fresh ginger
- Veganaise (optional)
- Strawberry jam
- Fresh peppermint (optional)
- Strawberry jam: any berry jam.
- Baby spinach: any green leaf with a mild flavour (lettuce, red chard…)
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC
- Cut the butternut squash in slices of 0,5-1cm. Add a dash of oil to an oven pan and display the slices.
- Grate 1 cm (more or less) of the ginger and use it to pour ginger juice over the squash slices. Pour agave syrup and a dash of salt and put the butternut squash into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow the squash to chill a bit in order to be able to handle it
- Toast the bread, add jam, butternut squash slices, fresh peppermint, and baby spinach leaves. Spread veganaise onto the other slice of bread and finish the sandwich.